Meet Our Board of Directors
You may know them as your neighbors, see them at a local business, or walking down Main Street, the members of the Oak Orchard Health Board of Directors are community leaders dedicated to the growth and enrichment of health care in our region. Their extensive professional backgrounds and first-hand knowledge and passion for our community serve to guide Oak Orchard Health.
Supporting community health care, the Oak Orchard Board of Directors
Gary Skoog, Board Chair
Karen Watt, Vice Chair
Mike Sayers, Treasurer
David L. Jewell, PhD
At Large Member
Susan C. Meyer
It’s your opportunity!
We welcome applications from individuals interested in serving on the volunteer Board of Directors.
Originally founded in 1966, Oak Orchard Health began as a migrant health project to provide health care to our communities’ many agricultural workers. Now, Oak Orchard Health is an integrated health center with multiple locations providing health care services for everyone living in the communities we serve. Our board members are passionate about health care and committed to improving the health of our region.
As a prospective member…
You may have:
- Financial experience
- Legal experience
- Capital development experience
- Business acumen relative to corporate operations
- An understanding of health care quality
- Committed to working with board members, executive management, community health boards, and other stakeholders to achieve healthier people and communities
- Ready to actively participate in board committee work
Board committees include:
- Board Recruitment
- By-Laws and Elections
- Corporate Compliance
- Human Resources
- Marketing/Business Development